Social media is a critical marker in your business’s blueprint for success. Did you know,
91% of online adults use social media for research and referrals.
4 out of 5 social media users look up information and get recommendations from social networks.
63% of millennial social media users have shared photos and / or thoughts when trying a new product of service.
ComScore, “comScore Study Finds Professionally-Produced Video Content and User Generated Product Videos Exhibit Strong Synergy In Driving Sales Effectiveness.”
SparkReel, “5 Reasons to Consider User-generated Content in Your Marketing Plan.”
1. KNOW YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILES
To identify which platform works for your business, it’s critical to know the capabilities of each social media network.
Facebook: Create profiles, upload photos, videos and send messages.
Instagram: Share pictures and videos.
LinkedIn: Business-oriented platform for professional networking.
Periscope: Live broadcasts via mobile devices.
Pinterest: Discover and visually share interests by pinning images and videos to boards.
Snapchat: Send videos and pictures that disappear usually within 24 hours.
Twitter: Micro-blogging platform for posting brief messages; 140 characters or less.
2. KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE
Your target audience and message dictates which platforms your business should utilize.
3. BUILD AN ENGAGED AUDIENCE
Growing your following and creating an engaged audience drives traffic to your website. This can be done by placing emphasis on:
- Personality: – Create a position for your brand that is instantly recognizable.
- Consistency: – Post regularly giving your followers something to look forward to.
- Interactive: – Utilize videos, polls and contests to engage your audience. Respond to messages and comments.
4. LEVERAGE YOUR AUDIENCE
Since you have built an engaged audience, leverage it to drive researchers and referrals. There are two easy ways to do so.
- OWN IT – Be in charge of your content. Use it to direct traffic to your website while capturing social media audience data.
- PROMOTE IT – Introduce and promote your products and services using branded content.