“How often should I send emails” is an important question for small businesses, especially given that 69% of users unsubscribe due to “too many emails.” However, here’s some important information to consider.
According to Direct Marketing Association’s National Client Email Report, (2017), email subscribers have strong feelings about their inbox. But, they may not be what you would think…
- 61% of users prefer receiving a promotional email at least once a month
- 15% of users say they wouldn’t mind receiving a promotional email everyday
- 91% of users have no issues with promotional emails
When we take a look at how and when fellow marketers are utilizing their email list we discover:
- 35% of marketers send 2 to 3 emails a month
- 9% of marketers send 6 to 8 emails a month
- 19% or marketers send just 1 email a month
As an average, if we take into account the above data, it would be safe to assume one email per week would do the trick. In regards to your business, there are several factors you should contemplate before implementing this assumption.
- What are you selling/promoting?
- What are the industry standards?
- What are you customer preferences and interests?
Check out our video for more details regarding these three points.
BOTTOM LINE: There is no concrete (right or wrong) answer to this questions. To maximize impact, we highly recommend you establish your email frequency based on customer preferences.